Sunday, October 9, 2022

Modeling/Mold-Making Sculpture

 






Artist Statement

           For this sculpture I wanted to use an origami star that was gifted to me. I found that the folds within the paper would give a very visually dynamic surface to replicate. When working with the clay in the modeling process, I first began with working out the outline of the shape. From there I could use the clay tools to sculpt into the shape giving the differences in the lines and the layers of the folds. After I had star replicated I moved onto the mold-making process. I used two different versions of caulk, one that was clear and the other standard white version. An interesting observation that I found was that the mold that came from the white caulk mold was much more crisp in its lines. There was less sanding work for it. What I wanted to show with this piece was the interesting silhouette given off from a star. I wanted to create a piece that felt fun and happy.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Project 1: The Triple Goddess Masks

 Project 1 The Triple Goddess Masks Designs Masks The Maiden The Mother The Crone Artist Statement                   When coming up with ide...