Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Gregor's Room



"Change"
A visual response to the short story The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka.
White Copy Paper and Ink





            When designing and creating this sculpture, notes of blues and greens came to mind. After reading about the Gregor's transformation from a human to a bug, I couldn't the imagery of the blue beetles out of my head. I wanted to use colors such as blue, green, yellow, and purple to complete the sculpture. After looking at color theory, I found that yellow stands for fear, purple for mystery, green for life, and blue for sadness. I felt as though these emotions complimented the sculpture overall. When making the bed and other furniture, the concept of rough, lumpy forms were prevalent. This was to show uncomfortableness, and suffering. These circular forms surrounding the work are meant to be obstacles that Gregor faces. On top of all of that, I wanted to create a table that looked almost organic in a sense, all relating back to nature. Gregor himself is represented through the books surrounding this table. I chose to keep the books in warmer colors as to signify something alive. Overall, I mostly focused on what the colors signified and how I could relate each back to the story and sculpture.

Process Images
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Project 1: The Triple Goddess Masks

 Project 1 The Triple Goddess Masks Designs Masks The Maiden The Mother The Crone Artist Statement                   When coming up with ide...