Thursday, September 15, 2022

Foam Sculpture



Artist Statement:

    When building this sculpture I was very inspired by the work of John Newman. The examples given in the class sparked my interest of combining both organic and angular forms into one compact structure. After a couple of drawings I was also inspired by the silhouette of a cactus. The stacking of irregular and circular shapes gave to a very dynamic form. During the drawing process I began to give in to the almost futuristic feel of the shapes. I wanted a sleek and most seamless sculpture. I also wanted it to feel very cold. This is why I left the finished work white, as I believe if I had added color it would have drawn the attention away from the silhouette, something I wanted at the forefront. In the end I believe I accomplished the feel of a manmade or artificial creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project 1: The Triple Goddess Masks

 Project 1 The Triple Goddess Masks Designs Masks The Maiden The Mother The Crone Artist Statement                   When coming up with ide...